PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES:
- Z. Soybas*, S. Simsek*, F. M. B. Erol, U. C. Erdogan, E. N. Simsek, B. Sahin, M. Marcali, B. Aydogdu, C. Elbuken, and R. Melik, “Real-time in-vivo control of neural membrane potential by electro-ionic modulation”, iScience 17, 347–358 (2019). *Equal contribution. [PDF]
A Breakthrough Neuromodulation Method Developed at TOBB ETU by TOBB ETU
- A. M. S. Ibrahim, T. L. Gerstle, A. N. Rabie, Y.-A. Song, R. Melik, J. Han & S. J. Lin, “Nanotechnology in Plastic Surgery”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 130, 879e–887e (2012). [PDF]
- Y.-A. Song, R. Melik, A. N. Rabie, A. M. S. Ibrahim, D. Moses, A. Tan, J. Han & S. J. Lin, “Electrochemical activation and inhibition of neuromuscular systems through modulation of ion concentrations with ion-selective membranes”, Nature Materials 10, 980–986 (2011). [PDF]
- Charging toward better neural implants by MIT News
Put Nerves Under Ion Control, and Activation Is Yours by Alzheimer Research Forum
Dismissing gatekeepers for enhanced nerve control by RSC Chemistry World
Improved method of electrical stimulation could help treat damaged nerves by EureaLaert.org
- R. Melik, E. Unal, N. K. Perkgoz, C.M. Puttlitz, and H. V. Demir, “RF-MEMS Load Sensor with Enhanced Q-factor and Sensitivity in a Suspended Architecture”, Microelectronic Engineering 88, 247-253 (2011). [PDF]
- R. Melik, E. Unal, N. K. Perkgoz, B. Santoni, D. Kamstock, C.M. Puttlitz, and H. V. Demir, “Nested Metamaterials for Wireless Strain Sensing”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics (specialissue on Metamaterials) 16, 450-458 (2010). [PDF]
- R. Melik, E.Unal, N. K. Perkgoz, C. Puttlitz, and H. V. Demir, ” Metamaterial based telemetric strain sensing in different materials,” Optics Express 18, 5000-5007 (2010). [PDF]
- [BioMedLib Top 10 Articles Published in the same domain.]
- R. Melik, E. Unal, N. K. Perkgoz, C.M. Puttlitz, and H. V. Demir, “Flexible Metamaterials for Wireless Strain Sensing”, Applied Physics Letters 95, 181105 (2009). [PDF]
- R. Melik, E. Unal, N. K. Perkgoz, C. Puttlitz and H. V. Demir, “Metamaterial-based wireless strain sensors,” Applied Physics Letters 95, 011106 (2009). [PDF]
- [Also editorially selected for Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research. (July 2009)]
- R. Melik, E. Unal,N. K. Perkgoz, C.M. Puttlitz, and H. V. Demir, “Circular High-Q Resonating Isotropic Strain Sensors with Large Shift of Resonance Frequency under Stress”, Sensors 9, 9444-9451 (2009). [PDF]
- R. Melik and H.V. Demir, “Implementation of High Quality-Factor On-Chip Tuned Microwave Resonators at 7 GHz,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters 51, 497-501 (2009). [PDF]
- R. Melik, N.K. Perkgoz, E. Unal, C.M. Puttlitz, and H.V. Demir, “Bioimplantable passive on-chip RF-MEMS strain sensing resonators for orthopeadic applications” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 18, 115017 (2008). [PDF]
- R. Melik, N.K. Perkgoz, E. Unal, Z. Dilli and H.V. Demir, “Design and Realization of a Fully On-Chip High-Q Resonator at 15 GHz on Silicon,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices 55, 3459-3466 (2008). [PDF]
PEER REVIEWED CONFERENCE ARTICLES:
- B. Sahin*, F. M. B. Erol*, Z. Soybas, S. Simsek, and R. Melik, “ Effect of the Polarization of Tripolar Electrodes on Electrical Nerve Block In-Vivo’’, The International Conference on Innovative Research in Science Engineering & Technology (IRSET), Belgrade, Serbia (December 15-17 2018). *Equal contribution.
- Z. Soybas*, S. Simsek*, E. N. Simsek, B. Korkmaz, B. Aydogdu and R. Melik, ‘’Microfabricated Flexible Electrodes for Blocking the Sciatic Nerve of a Frog’’, 11th International Conference on Biotechnology, Bio Informatics, Bio Medical Sciences and Stem Cell Applications (B3SC) 2016, London, UK (September 21-22 2016). *Equal contribution.
- [Best Paper Award]
- S. Simsek*, Z. Soybas*, Y. Tatar, M. Marcali, C. Elbuken, B. Aydogdu and R. Melik, “Flexible Electronics for Efficient Nerve Stimulation”, 3rd International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Systems (ICBES’16), Budapest, Hungary (August 16-17 2016). *Equal contribution.
- Y.-A. Song, A. Ibrahim, R. Melik, A. Rabie, S. Lin, J. Han, “Microfabricated ion-selective micro electrodes for enhanced neuromuscular stimulation”, BioMethods Boston Conference 2011, Boston, MA, USA (14-15 July 2011).
- R. Melik, E. Unal,N. K. Perkgoz, C.M. Puttlitz, and H. V. Demir, “Metamaterial-Based Wireless RF-MEMS StrainSensors”, IEEE Sensors 2010, 2173-2176 Hawai, USA, November 1-4, 2010.
- B. G. Santoni, R. Melik, E. Unal, N. KoskuPerkgoz, D. A. Kamstock, S. D. Ryan, W. S. Dernell, H. V. Demir, and C. Puttlitz, “Development and biocompatibility characterization of a bioMEMS sensor for monitoring the progression of fracture healing,” American Society of Mechanical Engineers ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference – SBC2009 Lake Tahoe, California (June 17-21, 2009). Paper SBC2009-206670.
- R. Melik and H. V. Demir, “Fabrication and characterization of fully on-chip c-band microwave resonators with increased Q-factor and reduced chip size,” PIERS Cambridge 2008, Boston, MA (2-6 July 2008).
- O. Akin, E. Unal, R. Melik, and H. V. Demir, “Semiconductor nanocrystal quantum dots with permanent dipole moments,” MediNano, Istanbul (6-7 October 2008).